You KNOW you are fearless when you can........
- Forgive yourself for difficult races in the past
- Breathe Bilaterally
- Sight Seamlessly
- Swim straight in open water for at least 30 strokes before sighting
- Swim comfortably in a head up position, eyes forward.
- Laugh at the chaotic swim starts in triathlon
- Put your wetsuit on and adjust it perfectly in less than 10 minutes
- Apply lubricant to the right spots to prevent wetsuit chaffing
- Keep water out of your nose when you breathe
- Stay relatively comfortable in cold water
- Keep yourself from getting dizzy in the water
- Swim well even when your goggles are knocked off your head
- Calm yourself at the beginning and in the middle of any open water swim
- Feel comfortable in your wetsuit
- Continue to swim effectively when others touch your feet, grab or swim
- Estimate distance by the number of strokes you take
- Know how to create and execute effective goals for the swim of your next
- Stay within your personal limits
- Swim as easily as you can walk
- Have regular health screenings including an EKG and ECG
- Seed yourself at right place when you start a race
- Confidently know when to call it a day
............Are you Fearless? If not, we can help.
|Welcome to Fearless Swimming For Triathletes...
Everthing you need to swim safer, happier and faster
XTERRA WETSUITS provides the most flexible wetsuits on the market; their
products are backed with the best return policy and warranty in the business. Take
advantage of their 30-day return policy by taking your suit for a test swim, and if the
suit doesn't provide you with a perfect fit, you can return or exchange your suit. Be
sure to enter the code C-FEARLESS at checkout to receive the best pricing available
as a member of Fearless Swimming. Click here for current pricing information.
" I still consider myself a newbie since I am still
learning and still fine tuning my swim, bike and
run. As a newbie triathlon swimmer, I just want to
point how valuable Ingrid's teachings have been.
It is one thing to read Terry Laughlin's book or
watch DVD's and videos about different swim
techniques in YouTube and it is another thing to
have someone teach you how to feel and be
balanced in the water. Ingrid has also taught me to
have courage by providing me with tools on how to
cope with fear and anxiety in the open water.
Ingrid is very hands on and is extremely articulate.
Some of my friends are excellent swimmers and I
have tried other local coaches who are great
triathletes but are just not very good at explaining
things. You would ask them how can I swim faster
and they will say just swim and kick more. Ingrid is
the real deal and her pricing is fair and reasonable.
I am currently in a masters swim program which
gives me access to three different pool facilities
any time I want to go for a swim. Looking at it from
a financial perspective, I found that I have received
so much more from the clinics and sessions with
Ingrid than another swim program.......Michele"
I just wanted to send a note and let you know how
much I enjoyed your class. I am very excited to
step out of my old way of and feeling stuck, not
going anywhere and feel very fortunate to have had
your wonderful instruction. Having taught
hands-on instruction to groups and being married
to a teacher and a surf coach, I know it can be
challenging at times. You handled things with
excitement, grace and a smile and were very clear
with your instruction and it all was appreciated
Glad my lil' old body still has some athletic
learning capacity!!!! I'm not even sore today!!!
Looking forward to seeing you soon!...Liz"
"Awesome class, Ingrid is a great instructor with
making me feel calm and comfortable. I came into
this clinic with struggles in cold water races and
with the techniques and the water being in the
high 50's I felt a night an day difference just during
the class. Also receiving her book "Fearless
Swimming For Triathletes, Improve Your Open
Water Skills" was an awesome bonus at the end if
the class. I had a blast swimming with her at the
end as well.....Keith."
"Thank you Ingrid. In a very short time you have
had a profound impact on my ability to manage
open water."..... Erik
Expert Instruction in Freestyle
Technique (Total Immersion
Certified Coach) and Open Water
Skills with an emphasis on Anxiety
Contact Ingrid at ingridloosmiller at